Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Perfect Carriage Driving Day

Today is going to be a glorious day to drive. Today is a gift from the Weather Gods. Today is a day I can work my carriage horses in resplendent sunshine, with a light breeze and no flies. Today is a day you can envy me the length and breadth of your cubicle. Today I can be smug. If you are still reading this blog in January, it will be your turn to be smug, OK?

I love driving my carriage horses so much, but I've got to say, driving two of them at the same time is twice the pleasure. I am in love with pair driving. Can't say the boys feel the same. They don't seem to appreciate the John Deere-esque painted forecart and the cut down draft harness. Can't say I blame them. I am very excited to get to use a marathon cart with a splinter bar. I'm sure Don Pecos and Ace will appreciate it, too.

Driving pairs is exciting because it offers new training and driving techniques to master and body awareness theories to develop. This is what keeps my work fresh and I embrace it. There is always a different angle or manner of interpretation. Discovering these by accident or sagacity is like solving the Sunday Times Crossword. Thrilling!

Watch this space. Sorry this is a rather lame blog, but as Billy Bob Thorton said in Bad Santa, "They can't all be winners, kid."

Today is a winner, though. I hope you can get out and enjoy it.

Kind Regards,
Michelle Blackler
Serendipity
www.hossbiz.com
Serendipity is an Accidental Sagacity Corporation company.

No comments:

Post a Comment