Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Monday, March 8, 2010

The Art of Sarah Lynn Richards


















"Paragon" Image by Sarah Lynn Richards for Equitana USA, 1997


When I first saw "Paragon", Sarah Lynn Richards' painting for the 1997 Equitana poster, I was breathless. The image of a rearing horse was powerful and delicate at once. I was an instant fan.

Richards is a self taught artist and her watercolors are proof that her talent is inherent. A trained psychotherapist, Richards applies the art of analysis to her own art. She says, "When I struggle [with a painting], it is usually because I have not thoroughly gotten to know my subject." Her reference to painting as an 'expression of Self'' also gives a clue to her therapeutic roots.

Her artwork has hung in galleries such as the Portland Museum of Art and the Kentucky Derby Museum, and is popular for promotion of equine events all over the country. Described as feminine, yet powerful, with a strong emotive quality, Richards' work continues to take my breath away.

Richards' work can be viewed and purchased in Iowa at Apple Creek Gallery in Cedar Rapids and Northwood Gallery in Sioux City, or online at http://www.sarahrichards.com

"Peek" by Sarah Lynn Richards

Kind Regards,
Michelle Blackler
Serendipity
www.hossbiz.com
Serendipity is an Accidental Sagacity Corporation company.



No comments:

Post a Comment