Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Friday, April 30, 2010

New Venue for New Moon

















I am so excited. The New Moon Carriage Classic continues to evolve and the most recent development is that the show will be hosted in Perry, IA. This is the town where I live and I love it so much. Think Columbus, WI in Iowa. Think small town with a big picture plan. Think about the most charismatic, generous and hospitable people you can imagine, and you get Perry folk.

Mayor, Jay Pattee listened to me talk about this carriage driving show I was planning and presto we are a part of economic development history of Perry. Anyone who has undertaken the challenge of organizing a large scale event such as a carriage show will tell you it is no easy feat. I will tell you that it is easy when Perry is involved. Everyone I have met to discuss this event is so enthusiastic, eager to help, and comes up with solutions to all my concerns.

Perry has everything a carriage show needs: two hotels [a Super 8 and the incomparable Hotel Pattee], great restaurants of diversity [David's Milwaukee Diner, Casa de Oro, Restaurante el Ben Gusto, Mandarin Cafe, Perry Tea Room, Mars Dairy Bar, the Smokehouse, and more] Ace Hardware if you forget the Brasso, Orschelin Farm and Home, if you forget fly spray, a halter or grooming supplies, a giant grasshopper green tow truck if you get your truck and trailer stuck [it happens, I know] and an exciting multi million dollar urban revitalization program.

This is accidental sagacity at its finest. The New Moon Carriage Classic is going to be even better than I thought. Watch this space.

Kind Regards,
Michelle Blackler
Serendipity
www.hossbiz.com
Serendipity is an Accidental Sagacity Corporation company.

No comments:

Post a Comment