Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Monday, May 24, 2010

Exceptional Equines and Their Exceptional Gals




















The irresistible Cody gets double grooming





















A very happy Mickey Hansen and the very adorable Toby
















Gypsy Gold: Eli and Maggi Tyler















The Money Shot of Missy [photo and caption courtesy of Maggi Tyler]


It might be the gorgeous setting. It may well be Laurie Renda's hospitality and elan. It is undoubtedly serendipity. I've just returned from another fantastic weekend of carriage driving lessons in Cedar Rapids with a heart full of joy. I made new equine friends, intrigued new clients with my unconventional teaching and ate like a queen.

I've blogged before about Laurie Renda's magnificent house, cooking, and company. She proved it was the rule and not the exception this weekend. She even had a proposal of marriage, albeit dependent on her conversion to Mormonism, but that is another story. On top of catering to our every wish, she also acted as photographer and gave everyone who took lessons a CD full of photos to take home. As a hostess, Ms. Renda raises the bar beyond most mortals. In fact, I think she should be a religion.

The horse lords gave me the opportunity to continue my work with Missy and sent me three new friends: Eli, Toby and Cody. What strikes me most profoundly about going to Cedar Rapids to teach is how perfectly these horses have chosen their humans. Each one of them has greeted me and seemed to say: we've been waiting for you. Missy actually seems to have managed to be born for Laurie. Eli searched all over the country before finding his English mistress, Maggi. Toby and Cody [twins from different dams] somehow networked their way to be re-joined and 'familied' with Mickey.

Exceptional equines, exceptional gals. I am so honored to work with these individuals and can't wait to see them achieve their potential. It will be epic. I guarantee it.

Kind Regards,
Michelle Blackler
Serendipity
www,hossbiz.com
Serendipity is an Accidental Sagacity Corporation company.

No comments:

Post a Comment