Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Friday, May 7, 2010

New Moon Carriage Classic: A Letter from Perry's Mayor

I first met Jay Pattee as a result of a broken hame. Smucker's told me they could fix it in time for whatever show I needed it for, but I had to mail it immediately. As in before the post office closed that day. Which was in 15 minutes. So I went tearing off to the post office, hoping they would have a box in which I could ship the hame. Nope. They suggested I go to Ben Franklin. Sprinting up the street, hame in hand, I flew open the door and frantically looked around. Jay, the proprietor of Ben Franklin, asked me if he could help, looked at the hame, went into the store room, procured a box of exactly the right dimensions, inserted hame, taped it up, ready to post and sent me scurrying back to the post office, several minutes to spare without accepting a dime.

Another example of accidental sagacity for the New Moon Carriage Classic and Perry. How better to illustrate this than with the following letter from Perry's mayor, the right honorable, Jay Pattee:

Dear Michelle,


On behalf of the city of Perry I can’t tell you how excited I am about the prospect of the New Moon Carriage Classic being held here in our city. We are anxious to share our diverse community, rich heritage (including horses) and our hometown Iowa hospitality.


What better place to hold the Carriage Classic than Perry, a town full of examples of historic architecture including Victorian and Art and Crafts. Visitors will be welcomed at the Hotel Pattee, centerpiece of our cultural and historic district. A plethora of shops and restaurants provide ample diversions for participants and guests. Our residents certainly look forward to the entertainment that the New Moon Carriage Classic will provide. Finally the former historic home of our roundhouse, which turned the train engines around and pointed them in the right direction, is the perfect location for this event, providing acres of usable, accessible space for the Classic and spectators.


A few months from now I hope to be offering the New Moon Classic the keys to our city. We were not designated a “Great Place” by the state of Iowa for nothing. Please know you are welcomed to “Make Yourself At Home.”


Sincerely,


Jay Pattee, Mayor


Kind Regards,

Michelle Blackler

Serendipity

www.hossbiz.com

Serendipity is an Accidental Sagacity Corporation company.

No comments:

Post a Comment