Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Road To Columbus


Lucy Fur at 2009 Columbus Carriage Classic











Wisconsin. To the Columbus Carriage Classic, which is this weekend. Don Pecos and I have been working very diligently to get ready for the highly competitive Open Horse Division. When I started showing in carriage driving, I always had time to get the horse supremely ready for the show. Nowadays, it seems not. I constantly say to myself, "I wish I had two more weeks."

Don Pecos is buff as he's ever been. His coat is like copper glass. Inside his little body, the big engine purrs. My one concern: he is stiff as a board in harness. I cannot get this boy to bend. And I know he can, because he is like a corkscrew when I ride him. And in the pair, he was, at times beautifully bending. I've gone over and over this in my mind to discover what is the problem and or the solution. I'm getting nowhere on this puzzle.

I call in the big gun, my dear Theresa Burns who tells me it is nowhere hear as bad as I make it seem and all will be well. I feel so sorry for people who don't have Theresa Burns in their lives. So, Lucy, Don Pecos, and I are off on Wednesday to Laurie Renda's to teach some lessons, meet Harold Ault and break up the long haul to Columbus. Then on Thursday in Columbus we will join my other dear friend Martha Stover, her glorious Welsh pony: Lisa, along with Vicki and Jim Bodoh, Micheal Scott and a host of other carriage friends.

Added bonus this year: my brother and his family along with my Dad [who is traveling up to Chicago from Kentucky-yeah, that is strange; but related to the Nut Farm business] are going to join the group and camp with us for the weekend. For the first time in many years, we will spend Father's Day with Dad. At a horse show. I'm sure Dad is thrilled. But I certainly am.

Columbus, Ho!
Michelle Blackler
Serendipity
www.hossbiz.com
Serendipity is an Accidental Sagacity Corporation company.

No comments:

Post a Comment