Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Friday, December 17, 2010

The Hatred of Mowing and Shoveling

I used to hate mowing my lawn.  Until it started snowing.  Then I hated shoveling my driveway.  Until is was 95 degrees and the humidity was 85% and I was mowing my lawn.  Then one day, I took pride in making patterns in the lawn.  It looked lovely.  When it snowed, I remembered how I loved to play in it as a child.  So, I decided that shoveling snow was playing in the snow.

I stopped hating both mowing the lawn and shoveling snow.

The added bonus is that mowing in oppressive heat and humidity and shoveling snow in sub zero temperatures is awfully brilliant exercise.  No expensive gym memberships for me, no!  Just my trusty Lawn Boy and my Bog Boots and I can feel the burn of calories.

Real life exercise.  You've got to love that.

Here is Red Green demonstrating another great byproduct of the lawn mower:


And a tutorial on shoveling snow, that is informative and entertaining...


Kind Regards,
Michelle Blackler
Serendipity
www.hossbiz.com
Serendipity is an Accidental Sagacity Corporation company.

No comments:

Post a Comment