Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Own Mearh

Chevals Topp Mentor a.k.a. Ace, Bijou
Mearas were the famous horses of the Kings of Rohan of J. R. R. Tolkein's Middle Earth. They were valiant, strong, long lived and said to understand the language of men. Some horses live only in stories. Ace lives in mine.

This little black Morgan horse is quite possibly the standard of perfection for all horses. Ace is well structured with clean lines of conformation and dense, solid bone. He has intelligence that reflects in his eyes and sweetness in his manner. He is ideal mount for any level of rider and enjoyed by any level of driver. I don't need to attribute human characteristics to Ace; he assumes them.

Ace's clients fall in the range of age from 6 to 60, he drives single, pair and tandem. He always understands the type of work he is required to do and seldom complains. He does ask questions though, and I try hard to understand what he is saying. When I don't understand, he tries harder. And harder.

When Ace has a problem that I can't figure out, I stop and try to listen.  Some would interpret his problems as naughtiness and would try a more severe bit or other man made 'fix'. I just have to keep trying to hear what he is trying to tell me. Because as long as I work with horses, I will never understand their language as easily as they understand mine.

"And I was glad, because in the Riddermark of Rohan the Rohirrum, the Horse Lords dwell and there are no horses like those that are bred in that great vale between the Misty Mountains and the White." Gandalph, Lord of the Rings Trilogy

Kind Regards,
Michelle Blackler
Serendipity
www.hossbiz.com
Serendipity is an Accidental Sagacity Corporation company.

No comments:

Post a Comment