Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Friday, April 1, 2011

From the Morgan Horse Annuls

When I was a teenager, I would wait anxiously each month for the arrival of The Morgan Horse magazine, which I would read cover to cover and back again and again.  Recently, a friend sent me a link to some archival material, some of which I remember reading from my youth, most probably in The Morgan Horse.



The article was written by the Chief of Animal Husbandry Division for the Department of Ag on the Regeneration of The Morgan Horse in 1910, with references to D C Linsley, Morgan Horses, [published in 1857].  It's merit is threefold: for the history of the breed, as a harbinger to indiscriminate breeders of any horse, and for the beautiful prose that no doubt is entirely extinct from government reports nowadays.

Enjoy: http://www.archive.org/stream/regenerationofmo00rommiala/regenerationofmo00rommiala_djvu.txt

Kind Regards,
Michelle Blackler
Serendipity
www.hossbiz.com
Serendipity is an Accidental Sagacity Corporation company.

No comments:

Post a Comment