Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Rider And Driver, 1893



Harness Racing has begun at Prairie Meadows here in Iowa.  Coupled with the waning colors of fall, I always find myself reminiscent.  Usually this sends me straight to the NY Times Archives, but, ho, I found another source of bygone relevancy today.  Thank you, accidental sagacity!

The Rider and Driver, copyright 1983, courtesy of the Stanhope Libraries is a treasure trove.  An article on the coaching revival, various viewpoints on what constitutes a True Saddle Horse for promotion in the Chicago World's Fair and predictions about the participation of draft horses at said fair, scuttlebutt about the metamorphosis of harness racing with the introduction of the bicycle sulky, and much more all promise to keep me in bedtime reading for awhile.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I:
http://books.google.com/books?id=eAfc5oJJjZoC&pg=PP1#v=onepage&q&f=false

Kind Regards,
Michelle Blackler
Serendipity
www.hossbiz.com
Serendipity is an Accidental Sagacity Corporation company.

No comments:

Post a Comment