Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Fabulous Mens Hats

Oh, Gentlemen, let me tell you how much you need a hat and how badly you need to go see Judy McClure at the Hat Shop in Sherman Hill. Judy is sending a bunch of her stock with me to the Iowa Horse Fair and I couldn't be more tickled. The hats she has are of a quality that is hard to find, both in design and texture. Her shop, in the front of her 1895 Victorian house is a time machine and certifiably organic as real class always is. Judy is full of lovely temperament, easy charm and quiet gentility. And so are her hats. They are perfect for carriage driving- from informal to sporting to formal, Judy can fit a hat for it.

We were talking about what styles flattered what face types and or personalities and Judy told me that the hat could define a personality trait that the wearer might not have known they had. Mens hats are so much plainer than womens hats- or so I thought. I got an excellent education from Judy who showed me how a bigger brim completely changed the style of the hat. Or how the Italian interpretation of the hat completely differed from the English.

I was transfixed and picked out about 25 hats for the Horse Fair. I did tell Judy to scale it down if she wanted to, my eyes were so wide I just kept wanting more. So, I hope will gentlemen whips!

Kind Regards,
Michelle Blackler
Serendipity
www.hossbiz.com
Serendipity is an Accidental Sagacity Corporation company.

No comments:

Post a Comment