Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Friday, December 3, 2010

If Eliza Doolittle Had Bog Boots, Wouldn't It Be Loverly?



My Favorite Shoe Store Proprietor, John at
Joebgen Shoes in Perry, IA with men's Bog Boots






























Last winter in Iowa was a trial to anyone other than an Inuit.  We were heartily fed up with snow BEFORE Christmas.  It were as cold as a witch's tit in a brass bra. It.Were.  If there was One Really Great Thing that came out of Winter '09-10, it was my accidental sagacity at Joebgen Shoes, for it was there that I stumbled on the treasure of Bog Boots.

Joebgen Shoes is the only shoe store I will ever need.  They have Dansko, Merrell, Born, Red Wing, Cat, and Harley Davidson shoes in stock [among others].  Every pair of shoes I have purchased from the incomparable John and his adorable wife Patricia, I have literally worn out from loving them so much.  If I had to describe Joebgen Shoes in brief, it would be thus: Reasonably Priced Top Quality Cobblers.  John and Patricia know shoes.  [And socks, but that is another blog.] They have been selling shoes in Perry, IA since 1975 and I don't know how many recessions ago that was, but suffice it to say, they are good at their job.


Classic High Corsage Bog Boots for Gals  $87

 Flashback to December 2009: I have been shoveling 9 inches of snow from my driveway to get the truck out of the garage.  I was looking not unlike Eliza, but in my Rhode Island Red Fur Coat, Ushanka style fur hat, wool sheepskin lined mitten gloves and my antiquated insulated hiking boots.  Shoveling your driveway in minus 20 degree weather forgives fashion.  My feet were still like blocks of ice.  I said, "Why can't I find a pair of winter boots that will keep my feet warm?" And suddenly I was transported to Joebgens.

Bog Boots Counterclockwise from top:
Classic High  & Corsage, Classic Mid High & Corsage,
Journey, Classic High and Blaze.





















"John, I need a pair of boots that will keep my feet warm," I said.
"I've got just the thing," John said and produced a pair of pointy toed, gold and jade colored, embroidered, kitten heeled slippers.  John is a bit of a kidder.  But, oh, my, did I want those slippers...

"Seriously," John said and I waited for another prank, half the time when John says seriously, he's just setting you up for another punch line.  "Try these."  He handed me a Bog Boot.  I was transformed into a Fairy Tale Babushka and my feet have lived happily, warmly ever after.

Men's Roper $87 and Journey, $83
 Bog Boots are made out of things like Vulcanized Rubber with Thinsulate Microbial Shield.  What more you could want?  How about Arch Support, Waterproof and work in inclement weather to 40 below.  Still not sold?  Bog Boots breathe.  They are lungs for your feet.

Bog Boots: "From the city to the woods, from the Midwest to the Arctic Circle...Wherever There is Weather."

I heard Billy Connolley, a brilliant Scottish actor and comedian once say, "There is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing choices."  So, make a good choice this winter, go see John and Pat at Joebgens, 1121 2nd Street, Perry, IA [515-465-4532] and buy yourself a pair of Bog Boots.  If you don't live near Joebgens, I'm sorry for you, but you could locate a Cabella's or go online at amazon.com or zappos.com or visit bogsfootwear.com for more information on these life changing boots.

The He Man Hunting Boot:
Bog Boots' Blaze, $127,
featuring a 4 way inner stretch bootie for additional,
warmth to minus 40F, adjustable gusset, and your prey
will never even see them.


Warm Feet and Kind Regards,
Michelle Blackler
Serendipity
www.hossbiz.com
Serendipity is an Accidental Sagacity Corporation company.





No comments:

Post a Comment