Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Major Quality Time

The Major General and I at Columbus Carriage Classic where we were Open Horse Division Champions in 2002.

After a considerable period of time, I am now reunited with The Major General, my beloved black Morgan god.  With a nod and a wink to his long time foster family, I am happy to have him back in my daily life.  Major gives you a reason to stop in wonder everyday, and often more than once.  Not all these wonders are the most pleasant, but many of them are.

We were doing some serious barbershop the other day.  Major has this foot long forelock, which I have secretly always detested.  But it keeps the flies out of his eyes and lends him a rock star air.  He has rubbed out almost all of his once shoulder length mane and so we pulled it to be even.  Which Major did not one bit appreciate.  Maybe that will teach him to rub out his lovely mane.

While I was trying to clip his whiskers, unable to see anything, I lamented to him about how old we'd become.  "Ten years ago, Old Man, we were in our prime," I said.  "And now look at us.  I am flabby, mostly blind and desperately trying to hold on to the final remnants of beauty.  You are losing your mane, and really out of condition."  He let out a sigh.  A tear fell down my cheek.  "But you are still beautiful, Laddie.  And I'm so glad to have you back."

He looked at me, raised his eyelids and pricked those tiny little ears forward.  "Maybe we could make a comeback. Together,"  I offered.  His eyes brightened and he brought his front feet forward, dropped his croup and parked.

"Lets Go!"  Was the voice I heard.

Lets go, Black Horse.  Lets go.

Kind Regards,
Michelle Blackler
Serendipity
www.hossbiz.com
Serendipity is an Accidental Sagacity Corporation company.

3 comments:

  1. <3 There's always time for a comenback!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have NO. DOUBT. he said that. None whatsoever. He was ready for a job change, and he rises to the occasion every. single. time.

    If you need a groom for him at the State Fair, please tell me the job is mine.

    P.S. I love his Mick Jagger forelock. :D Makes him look like a rockstar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Girls. @ SD: I wish you could meet him, you'd love him. @LeAnn: Major says "Please, Please, Please can we show at the State Fair: corn dogs, deep fried candy bars, Coke- yes, yes, yes!"

    ReplyDelete