Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Carriage Driving In The Air

Carriage driving is everywhere, despite the horrible winter weather. This past weekend, we celebrated a marriage made in carriage driving heaven. Teresa Burns and Harley Weyer tied the knot right here in Perry, Iowa. Teresa is a veteran of the carriage driving arena in Wisconsin and Harley is a beloved horseman and all round beloved local man. Family and friends of the wonderful couple gathered for the nuptials, great food and even better company.

It was an incomparable event to get together with carriage folk from Iowa and Wisconsin on a very merry occasion. I know I speak for everyone in wishing Teresa and Harley the greatest happiness.

Also this weekend, I was talking to some of the local movers and shakers here in Perry about, you might not guess it, carriage driving. One of them suggested to me that he had always thought it would be fun to do a stage coach drive on the old rail road line [slowly being developed into a trail] from Perry to Coon Rapids. Whoa, Nelly! That was not my idea, it may have came from my endless carriage driving talk, but it came out of his mind! My thoughts immediately went to a Coaching Run, fundraising/promotion for the trail and promoting business in Perry. I'm so pumped about this. Watch this space. And if you have any inspiring ideas: Let! Me! Know!

Snowdrift Indoor Driving Trial is this weekend at 3G Farms, still dependent on this cranky winter weather we're having. Harold Ault and I are developing an exhibition/lecture based on Moseman's Illustrated Guide to Horse Furnishings and Harold's collection of carriage driving accouterments. We are still working on the T Cart wheels, and my new website is whining to be finished. I will be giving a carriage driving presentation and having a booth at the Iowa Horse Fair, April 10 &11th. Oh, and I may have promised John Frieberger that I would bring a horse to the Hickory Knoll Combined Driving Event. May have.

Hmmmm, better stop blogging and get busy!

Kind Regards,
Michelle Blackler
Serendipity
www.hossbiz.com
Serendipity is an Accidental Sagacity Corporation company.

3G Farm Indoor Driving Trial

Iowa Horse Fair

Hickory Knoll combined Driving Event

No comments:

Post a Comment