Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Countdown to the Iowa Horse Fair

Tired, tired muscles- poor lethargic, winter weakened things have been getting a workout this week. The body just can't keep up with the mind, which is so very excited about everything.

Iowa Horse Fair preparations are speeding up, since the date is rapidly approaching. I have made several summer weight, reversible lap aprons that I'm very proud of to put in the booth. I have acquired 6 horse related antique prints, the rare and out of print book list is coming along and when I get all the details sorted out, I will list them. Martha Stover is feverishly working on sample rain covers for the gig seat to promote her talents. Judy McClure of The Hat Shop is choosing a selection of superb men's hats, including a grey top hat, several Panamas, Fedoras and natty woolen News Boy Caps to place on consignment.

And you're hearing it here first: Harold is placing some antique furniture on consignment! I am most excited about this, not only will it make the booth look marvelous, he is going to actually sell something. What was that noise? Dear readers' jaws dropping on the desk? Probably. One of the best pieces he said I could take [which I loaded into the horse trailer and packed other things in back of as fast as my aforementioned tired muscles could before he changed his mind] is an antique toboggan. Harold's take on it is that someone took the runners off a full sized sleigh, fashioned a long toboggan seat and attached pony thills, so the pony could pull the children around. Unfortunately the thills [shafts] are missing, but you can see where they attached. It is soooooo sweet.

Harold has also lent me two antique glass display cabinets that I will put all of Judy's fabulous hats in, a few of the rarer books and a pair of carriage lamps that I took while Harold wasn't looking. I didn't steal them. Exactly. But, I am in possession of them and currently trying to persuade him to part with them. He did say, "Maybe."

Mark your calendars! April 10 & 11th, Varied Industry Building, Iowa State Fairgrounds. Come see the booty! Bring your checkbooks: carriage booths stocked like this don't happen very often!

Kind Regards,
Michelle Blackler
Serendipity
www.hossbiz.com
Serendipity is an Accidental Sagacity Corporation company.

No comments:

Post a Comment