Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Impressions of Villa Louis Carriage Classic



















Every time I think of the Villa Louis Carriage Classic, I swoon. I cannot over sell this show. No one ever really believes me when I tell them about Villa Louis, but you see it on their faces when they arrive, "Wow! She's right!"

The excitement starts when I drive across the Mississippi and spot the tents among the trees. I get goosebumps. The Villa herself sits quietly impressive watching the arena; welcoming. Sharing her beauty with us all. The show grounds honor the historical site with their adjunct beauty. The symbiotic relationship between the grounds and the show is a tangible benefit to both. The river purrs at the hem of the grounds. It is impossible not to be moved.

As any gracious host works to make guests feel comfortable and special, the hospitality at Villa Louis is unparalleled. She wraps her arms around you and elevates you above the ordinary. It is a theme that permeates all aspects of the show from the show committee right down to the equines. All the horses I've ever taken seem to appreciate the elegance of it all.

In fact, I always consider the true winner of Concourse d'Elegance to be Villa Louis. The exhibitors are merely trying to mirror their surroundings and the show itself. At Serendipity, I urge my carriage driving clients to do everything in their power to allow the horses to be brilliant. I think that is what Villa Louis does for me.

An august thank you to Mike Rider for his splendid stewardship of this show. To determine the quality of the job, one only has to look at how easy Mike makes it look. This easy allure of Villa Louis will keep me charmed and coming back for more.


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post, I could not agree more. The Villa Louis has captivated me since I was a child growing up in Wisconsin. After visiting historical sites from around the country, very rarely do I come across another historic property that is so charming.

    I am an amateur photographer and was able to shoot some photos from the 2009 show. Visit http://lorischoenhard.zenfolio.com/p606247811.

    Lori

    ReplyDelete